Vision for Jenny Rain Coaching
When we heal relationships, we heal the world.
Our world is made up of relationships. Intimate partners. Spouses. Friendships. Family. Work Colleagues. Passers-by. Our world forges ahead relationally. The relationships that populate our world are so mishandled, misshapen, and broken.
It’s my belief that when we begin to heal the fractured relationships throughout our world, we impact existing communities and future generations to transform the world for good.
We all belong to one another in interconnected relationships. We begin to heal the world one relationship, one interaction at a time.
It’s my vision to fill the world with healthy relationships,
I would love to begin to fulfill that vision by serving you and all of your relationships today through 1:1 coaching and group teaching encounters.
The highlight reel
I break things and trip a lot.
Hopefully, you’ll find that makes me relatable. It also means I’m a disruptor. How can I make you a better communicator, help you navigate conflict more effectively, and creatively reframe what is keeping you or stuck is where I excel.
The proof points
- 30 years of relationship work in the trenches of corporate and non-profit spaces where my ability to create & maintain healthy relationships has been sharpened. I’ve worked in government consulting, healthcare, tech firms, startups, NGOs, megachurches, sat on the boards of LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations, and with entrepreneurs.
- Just finished my PhD coursework in psychology, but I’ve been reading, studying, and focusing on relationships since my early teens. I am passionate about finding ways to make all types of relationships work.
I am a published author and advocate.
- Raised by Unicorns: Stories from Children with LGBTQ+ Parents
- Reformation Project 2017 Cohort Graduate and conference speaker.
- Former board member for One Million Kids
I am a learner
- Masters-level Seminary degree from McAfee School of Theology, 2010.
- Ph.D. candidate at Pacifica Graduate Institute.
My bio remains in process because I am.
How is my approach unique?
Working with me becomes its own educator.
You will continue to transform long after each session. What happens outside of sessions is as important as what we catalyze during the engagement. You’ll keep growing long after the coaching is done.
My processes are all based in psychology.
Just finished my PhD coursework in psychology, but I’ve been reading, studying, and focusing on relationships since my early teens. I am passionate about finding ways to make all types of relationships work.
I leave room for magic to happen.
Our bodies, brains, and emotions are magical creations. Traditional therapeutic approaches often do not leave room for alternative approaches like dreamwork, somatics, internal systemic healing, family constellation work, or brainspotting. I do.
I connect with YOU first.
Who you are affects everything you do. I always start by learning who you are, and then we set customized goals. I am not a modality-first coach, although I do use modalities and customize them to your needs and goals.
Creativity is my superpower.
There is nothing that remains “in the box” when creativity is at play. I use creativity to spark courage and innovation.
Raised by Unicorns
In recent years, the world has been saturated by endless blogs, articles, and books devoted to the subject of LGBTQ+ parenting. On the flip side, finding stories written by the children of LGBTQ+ parents is akin to searching for a needle in a haystack.
In 2018 I was selected to be one of 15 writers who shared her story of being raised by LGBTQ+ parents.
From Baby Boomers to Generation Z, our work features diverse stories that express the distinctiveness of our shared journey. It’s visceral, raw, and not always pretty, but love is always the common thread.
Raised by Unicorns guides the reader through an empathetic journey that is nothing short of compelling and poignant.
- How kids became the strongest argument for same-sex marriage, By Sandhya Somashekhar, June 24, 2015, Washington Post
- Amicus Brief Filed On Four Landmark Same-Sex Marriage Cases Presents Voices Of Children,
March 6, 2015, Family Equality Council
- Raised by Unicorns: Stories from People with LGBTQ+ Parents, 2018, Edited by Frank Lowe
Palm Springs, CA