Bridging the Divide Course
Terminology Resources (hyperlinked)
Resources on the LGBTQ+ community (hyperlinked)
Resources for LGBTQ+ Youth (hyperlinked)
Resources for Gender Dysphoria (hyperlinked)
- Healthline: Can Gender Dysphoria Be a Phase?
- Nonbinary Connection: Can Gender Dysphoria Go Away?
- APA American Psychological Association: Gender Dysphoria Expert Q&A
- AAP American Association for Pediatrics: Progression of Gender Dysphoria in Children and Adolescents: A Longitudinal Study
- NIH: (PMCID: PMC5841333; PMID: 29535563) Gender dysphoria in adolescence: current perspectives
- NIH: (PMCID: PMC7441311;
PMID: 32629301) The phenomenology of gender dysphoria in adults: A systematic review and meta-synthesis
What are the different Generations?
- Generations Chart (source: Employee Benefits)
- Generations Defined Sociologically (Source included in the download)
- Greatest Generation: 1901-1924
- Traditionalists/Silent: 1925-1945
- Boomers: 1946-1964
- GenX: 1965-1979
- Millennials/GenY: 1980-1994
- GenZ: 1995-2012
- GenAlpha: 2013-2025
Resources to navigate the anti-LGBTQ+ bias in Christianity (hyperlinked)
- And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Epidemic, by Randy Shilts
- The Lavender Scare” by David E. Johnson
- Transgender History: The Roots of Today’s Revolution by Susan Stryker
- Real Queer America: LGBT Stories From Red States by Samantha Allen
- Queer: A Graphic History by Meg-John Barker and Julia Scheele
- A Queer History of the United States for Young People’ by Michael Bronski
- Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity’ by Matthew Bernstein Sycamore
- Stand by Me: The Forgotten History of Gay Liberation by Jim Downs
- Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation by Kate Bornstein and S. Bear Bergman
Raised by Unicorns
In recent years, the world has been saturated by endless blogs, articles, and books devoted to the subject of LGBTQ+ parenting. On the flip side, finding stories written by the children of LGBTQ+ parents is akin to searching for a needle in a haystack.
In 2018 I was selected to be one of 15 writers who shared her story of being raised by LGBTQ+ parents.
From Baby Boomers to Generation Z, our work features diverse stories that express the distinctiveness of our shared journey. It’s visceral, raw, and not always pretty, but love is always the common thread.
Raised by Unicorns guides the reader through an empathetic journey that is nothing short of compelling and poignant.
- How kids became the strongest argument for same-sex marriage, By Sandhya Somashekhar, June 24, 2015, Washington Post
- Amicus Brief Filed On Four Landmark Same-Sex Marriage Cases Presents Voices Of Children,
March 6, 2015, Family Equality Council
- Raised by Unicorns: Stories from People with LGBTQ+ Parents, 2018, Edited by Frank Lowe